Buying Booties/Socks for Snorkeling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wkyongae@aol.com

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi, looking at buying booties/socks for full foot fins with a little room in them. I think 2-3mm might work. Any idea would help also, I live in the Olympia Wa and will be entering the water from shore so would like a boot/sock that will protect my feet a little. Water temp 50's.

A good 3mm sock (like my Omer's) will keep my feet warm for 1.5-2hrs in Northern BC waters.

there really arn't any that will fit well and provide good foot protection on rocks, best choice is to buy some el-cheapo sandles and clip them to your float/belt during the dive.

might want to pick up some open heel fins to use with a matching pair of boots - as much for walking as the cold water

Aloha, Tim

I wear open heel fins with 3mm booties. When I need extra protection, I wear 3mm Kayak socks. Got 'em from REI, they have on-line stores if there is not one near you. If I need a little more, I just wear regular socks under all of that. It works.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom