Buying a used bcd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been very happy with my Scubapro Ladyhawk for a number of years. It's about ready for replacement on my end only because I got some pinch leaks in it (that are probably my own fault).

That said, Scubapro has quit producing Ladyhawk. On the one hand, it's difficult to find a brand new one but on the other, if you do, price is reduced!

I'd like a brand new Ladyhawk but wouldn't hesitate to buy used after checking condition. My current Ladyhawk still looks almost new despite its age and many hundreds of dives on her. Last year, I changed out the corrugated hose assembly. As it turned out, that assembly was not the problem but I actually like the replacement better, so stuck with it.

I love the weight release system and the pockets. I like the Scubapro tank latch system though because of the way that I wear my tank, would be happier with two straps but really not a big deal at all.

With BCDs I always buy new, I know money is tight, but and it's a big BUT[ and the post is used BCD], I treat scuba gear as Life Support.
Look at this one: Scubapro Bella , you may get it cheaper but these guys post it free and you will have no problems with warranty, bought a 'shed load' from them.womens bcd

With BCDs I always buy new, I know money is tight, but and it's a big BUT[ and the post is used BCD], I treat scuba gear as Life Support.
Look at this one: Scubapro Bella , you may get it cheaper but these guys post it free and you will have no problems with warranty, bought a 'shed load' from them.womens bcd

That's a wrap around bladder, not a back inflate.

Yes I know. Not sure if a back inflate is required, if so the TUSA X wing is on their site, the Scubapro Hydros Pro Female is there at almost twice the price, that's in Australia [big seller though].

Yes I know. Not sure if a back inflate is required, if so the TUSA X wing is on their site, the Scubapro Hydros Pro Female is there at almost twice the price, that's in Australia [big seller though].

Yes, the Hydros. Wouldn't mind giving that one a try myself but, lol, not going to happen.

I quickly scanned replies as at work so more later but what about cressi starter?It Is a good price even though is for men. $349 aud free shipping

I quickly scanned replies as at work so more later but what about cressi starter?It Is a good price even though is for men. $349 aud free shipping

No integrated weights.

If you decide on it anyway, I think that you can do better on the price.

Cressi start, no quick-release integrated weight system [if that is for you and you want a weight belt], used in rentals and dive schools so must be tough.
I am biased when it comes to Scubapro my backplate/wing and BCD are Scubapro.
Come to think of it, every BCD after a Fenzy [last century sometime] has been SP.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom