Buying A Dacor Eagle Reg Set Worth It?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

firefighteru7

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
i have the chance to buy a Dacor eagle reg set at a good price, had them in the past, but mares took them over years ago and this is one of their last models so supposedly parts are easy to get, I know it's older, but loved Dacor in the past. Would it be worth getting? I could buy newer but loved the dacors

I wouldn't, Mares hasn't been particularly good to their customers as of late... What price is it at? $50? sure it's disposable, $100, probably, but if it's older it needs to be serviced if it has been sitting, and that could be expensive...

Tbone I can score a complete set with gauges for around $107 with shipping right now. Good spare set and for playing around I was considering...

The Dacor Eagles were made since Mares bought the Dacor name. They are basically MR12 1st stages with inexpensive 2nds. They use current Mares parts and can be serviced by any Mares shop.

Don't know where the comment about Mares not being good to their customers comes from - I have never had a problem with their service and they are supported by dive shops around the world. The only folks that seem to have a problem with Mares are those that owned older Dacors that Mares could not support because of Dacor's causing their suppliers to abandon their production of parts and therefore could not get them serviced.

doesn't look like a good price. checking sold auctions on ebay, a dacor eagle set with octo but no gauges sold for 35. a set with a uwatec computer went for 78.

from those 2 pricepoints, fair value is probably closer to 50 to 60 dollars.

Back
Top Bottom