buying a compressor...........which one??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay, I just got a line on a used Bauer Capitano with less than a 100 hours on it for $4500.00. I need some advice if I should go the used route for this one or brand new system for more money with warranty. Nuvair gave me a pretty good qoute for a complete system, but again it is more money. Anyone out there have opinions on the used Capitanos, and more specifically that price. I have seen the machine and it is nice...........

That's a tough one. I haven't seen the compressor but I own a Capitano, an old one. It has given good service and continues to do so. Financial decisions have as much to do with the buyer as with the item being purchased. So, the question has some complex dimensions such as the time frame before you have to have it NOW and what YOU are willing to pay, not what I would pay. Personally, I would go to govliquidation.com and look for a surplus military Bauer. Should be able to get a Capitano for about half that. It wouldn't bother me if the search took a few months or if I had to drive a couple hundred miles to pick it up.

I appreciate the feedback Pescador. That is the kind of thing I wanted to hear. I have been watching the site fairly religiously for the last couple of weeks. Travel to pick it up is not an issue.Just drove to Indiana to but a horse, which was just at 750 miles for me! I am not in that big of a hurry, so I will restrain myself and keep looking for a bit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom