Buying a AL80

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

itch808

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I called around (IDH, Aaron's, SeeNSea, OC) and the going price seems to be from $165-$180. I haven't ever purchased a new tank locally and was wondering if/which shops here negotiate at all on their prices? I've read how some shops (mainland) will throw in free fills, I'm not sure if this is unheard of here. Stupid me missed out on Aaron dive shop's last tent sale a month or so ago, they had an new AL80 going for $125.

Watch the paper, craigs list ect for used ones. Might even post a wanted add or two. No need to buy new, plenty of used around for half price.
Post a wanted add here too! Plenty of lurkers that may have one or two.

I checked craigslist, but there isn't really anything. Forgot to check the paper, thanks.

Island Divers Hawaii:
We also have some used aluminum 80's for sale. They're priced from $75-125 depending on last hydro date.

Is this @ the Hawaii Kai shop? I'm not military so I can't check out your on base shop AFAIK.

Watch the local free ad mags. The hono advertiser has such high rates no one uses them.

Just a quick side note, if you buy used from a person and not a dive shop, you'll probably want to get the tanks checked out. Get a hydro done on them. I got two free tanks from a friend and it cost me $100 to get them inspected and hydro'd.

Chris

sloyota:
Breeze had new ones for $150, i think...

Right on the money! I gave em a ring, hydro only couple months old, new VIP, catalina, soldddd! Thanks :D

I go to Sea In Sea and Breeze ... they take care of me...it was only my pleasure to send you to one of 'my' shops ... hee hee

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom