• Yes, the price range is a good buy.

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Yes, but a lower price is a good buy.

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a dive watch, a relatively cheap one ($75) because its water proof rather than water resistant. I believe it built a bit better than a standard watch and I like the looks of it. Occasionally I free dive with it and swim laps, etc...

I don't dive with it. A basic dive computer has a lot more functionality for the price a good dive watch and the band fits whatever environmental protection I am wearing. Dive computers (along with LED lights) are one of the few pieces of dive gear that have really evolved nicely over the years.

I have a Citizens Eco Drive dive watch that I picked out but was given and I wear it on work dives. I do some harbor work that I don't bother with a computer on because I don't want to risk the computer and it is all less than 20 feet deep unless I drop something. I use it to time out the price of the job I need to know what time it is .

I really like the watch for daily wear I love the look and do not have to worry about it getting wet. It was less than 175 on amazon which is a lot less than risking a computer but truth be told It is actually more money than I normally spend on a watch. I dive dry and it goes outside of my wrist seal just fine but under the edge of my glove to protect it. If I was diving wet it would go on my left wrist because I wear my computer on my right wrist.

For me it was bought because I needed a watch, it was a little more than I normally spend but it was not break the bank expensive. And I like the look of the watch

Would I buy it to time the dive or as a back up Nope that is what the computers are for.

Deep blue ap diver for me as my primary timer using my tables.
aladin Pro is my computer for convenience and to backstop the tables and watch. Old school yes, but safe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom