Business this year...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DMDC01

Reaction score
Are any other Dive Shops finding this year to be alot slower than last? I am not talking about gear sales, we all know they have dropped over the years, I am talking about classes and trips. We have noticed an alarming drop in sign ups for both. I would like to know that it is not our staff that is causing this, we are always complimented on our friendliness to our customers and friends regardless of whether they purchase online or not.

I have talked to a few other shop owners, I have an uncle in South Carolina with a shop and some friends in Ala, and they say its the same for them. If this is a sign of things to come, I don't like them. Anyone had any good luck in certain recent advertisements or promotions? And if so will you share them?

It has always been taken for granted that gear sales drive classes which drive gear sales which drive classes... ad nauseum.

Once any part of that link is broken the other side of the coin will suffer as well.

I have noticed that this year in general has been a little down on average up to the beginning of august, after that it dropped SIGNIFICANTLY.

I contribute the big drop to three things

the normal post summer break low season

Five hurricanes in the carribean in six weeks

The General Election. for some reason Americans seem to stop spending in the months leading up to the election.

I closed the shop for September and October - 2 reasons you think Cancun is slow try Puerto Morelos in low season. The other reason is that every other time I have been away something bad has happened (money stolen - engine stolen) and I just couldn't handle having to worry about it. It has been an effort reopening and this week the bookings are really slow but I hear Cancun hotels are full again so we should get the effects of that soon too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom