Business in Tokyo - One day to dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

refinished

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all - I have an upcoming business trip to Asia and will have a little extra time in Tokyo. I want to dedicate a free day to seeing what swims in your seas. I will have Sunday, May 25th free and want to do a couple of dives. Searches on this board have turned up Atami as a potential place to hit, but I am not finding too much advice on how to spend just one day diving if you are in Tokyo.

Any suggestions on a good day-trip itinerary from Tokyo?

I have some tech qualifactions, but will want to keep the diving somewhat mild since I will need to be in rented gear and w/o a known buddy.

Hi,

I've been meaning to write, but trying to find someone who you could partner up with. Geoff's right, JUE often does dive Atami, but most of our regular divers aren't around that weekend. I've sent out a few mails to try to find a buddy, but not had any positive responses for you yet.

I guess that you don't speak Japanese? If you have even minimal ability, there are guides available at Atami you could use. But they don't have a tech slant...

Thanks for the great info. It will come in handy in the future, but I learned today that my trip has been delayed until early July. I will still plan for some time to dive and will take any advice offered into consideration. So Atami is my best bet as a location?

Geoff - thanks for the tips on English speaking places. I can hack neolatin and germanic languages, but Japanese baffles me. Perhaps I will post my new dates when they are more firm and I can find a buddy here.

No worries - I will be up and diving in July so I'll help you out then :)

For a day/weekend - anywhere on the Izu penisular is good. Atami is the closest popular site (1 hour by bullet train from Tokyo), but there are other locations that are easily accessible by train/car.

Definitely a must dive location for a short trip to Japan. However, I think other places are more fun for a weekend experience, Oshima for example...

Back
Top Bottom