Bus' Whitestar Guinness Dive event on 7/18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Busdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Yes sir, You saw it. I am holding my own event down in Whitestar on Saturday. Those folks a few miles down the road may think it is fancy to try to fit all those people into one place and call it spectacular.

Now my world record attempt will consist of perfect strangers becoming the perfect dive buddies. This will include trying to fill my BCD weight pouches with $1 bills. Yes you read it correctly. You, the perfect dive buddy, will try to fit your $1 bills into my BCD weight pouches. This is too cool and we can make history together. The fine folks over at Guinness tell me that the current record is $3,257 into two pouches. Well friends I think we can beat this attempt. With your help we could reach $4000. To make this event truly Guinness worthy we have added a few challenges. Instead of doing this under water we have been approved by Guinness to place my BCD next to my jeep. Wow. Talk about hard work. You, as my new best dive buddy, will have to figure out which BCD is mine. What if there are two BCD's sitting next to the jeep you ask? Well maybe you should put a dollar in each. We are talking challenges and a record in the making. Now I have been training. I have been on the mean streets of Grosse Pointe, Michigan walking around with my BCD. I have taken money from Lemonade stands and put that said money in my BCD to see if it would fit. I have made my five year old stand on the corner singing songs while getting future perfect dive buddies to put $1 bills in the weight pouches. I tell you, they say there is a 15% unemployment rate in Michigan. You can't tell when you are training for Guinness.

Now, being serious for 2 seconds. Good luck at Gilboa and everyone down there break the record and be safe. A few of us will be at Whitestar around 10 am on Saturday diving. Everyone is welcome to join us and hang out between dives.

Bus

Too funny! Safe diving this weekend to everyone diving regardless of where you choose to dive. I have other plans and will be enjoying some non-diving activities. Have fun and be safe.

but 10am is when the "Summer in July" sale starts!

I'm gonna try to get my dive(s) in as early as possible and then high tail it up to Ann Arbor for some of those deals... (worth the drive for the 20fill aircard alone! [$60])

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom