bus from Cancun to playa, and diving advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SusieQ

Registered
Reaction score
Indiana....not much fun diving around here
# of dives
50 - 99
hi there,
my 17 year old brother and I are flying to cancun on July 26th. we´ve decided that we´re going to take the public buses to get to PDC because it will be more fun and it´s cheaper. I just need someone to explain to me how the buses work. do they go directly from the airport into playa del carmen, and where to they drop you off. is there a central bus station in playa?

also, we´ll be there for about 3 weeks and are meeting up with our dad who is a certified instructor. i would love a list of good dive sites, and some good dive shops. since we´ll be doing a ton of diving, i´m hoping that we can find a place that will cut us a good deal.

last thing, has anyone ever tried to travel to belize from playa? i was thinking about taking a bus to belize while i´m there, and i´m a Spanish major so i´m not worried about the language barrier.

The bus station is one block of the main walking street in the middle of town. so no problem there. i used Tank-Ha for diving and had a great time.

I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to use the bus system from Cancun. Its downtown, very clean as were the buses, and felt it to be very safe - not to mention inexpensive. We took the red-eye bus from Cancun to Chetumal and then had a guide take us across the border and drop us off at Corozal then flew into San Pedro and dove Ambergris Caye. Nonstop took about 4 hours. The way back was a little longer as it made several stops. This link may help you:
https://www.ticketbus.com.mx/ticketbus/eng/inicio.jsp
What we did was go to the bus station, purchase the tickets this time a few hours in advance so all we had to do was show up and get on the bus. Last time the 1st bus we wanted was sold out and we had to wait a couple hours for the next one. Taking the bus to PDC is quick and easy.

Back
Top Bottom