Bungee question!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heath74

Reaction score
Hey everybody,
I have seen various posts on the boards on where to buy bungee. What I have noticed from the sites listed is the HIGH price they are charging for bungee. The reason I point this out is because my company orders 1,000's of yards of bungee in each year so I know how much it costs. I would like to help out and save everyone some money ( at least half ) by added bungee to our web site. What I need to know is what sizes of bungee does everyone buy?

Thanks for the replies,

I use 1/8" bungee for my computer and my back-up reg necklace.:)

Are pretty much all the sizes I have and have used in the past...

I noticed the same problem when I first went to the long hose and bungee set up. The local tech shop wanted $22 for a 3 foot piece of bungee cord with a single fishermans knot in the end to go around the mouth piece. I used to rock climb when I was younger and knew how to tie that kind of knot so I went to a marine store down the street, bought 10 feet of 1/8 inch bungee and made my own for about $3 with cord to spare. Can't believe the prices on LDS equipment sometimes.

Scott

Originally posted by Padipro
I Can't believe the prices on LDS equipment sometimes.

Scott
No doubt...how about 4 bucks for a stupid rubber cap to put on your tank valve.:rolleyes:

Hey guys,

I thought I would let you know that I just received some bungee in the sizes you specified. They will be added to our site by the end of the week. The prices will be half what everyone is paying now. If you need anymore info PM me and I'll be glad to help.

Thanks for the help,

"Down with high prices!"

Last night I went out and purchased 12 feet of 1/8" bungee for ~$4usd.

Don't let some scuba shop rip you off, this stuff is CHEAP.

I am now the proud owner of a nice bungeed compas and computer. Infinitly easier to get in and out of my rig now.

Ditto on the sizes Eric mentions above. I use the same sizes as well.

Heath, so whats your business name or web site address?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom