Bunaken or Gangga or other in July?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gannga is first class. Honeymoon nice. Great food. First class rooms the resort is wonderful.

The diving is varied. They can do day trips to Lembeh and Bunaken and 1/2 day trips tot he islands closer. My only criticism of Gannga is that the dive masters were a little too rough on the reef trying to find critters for you. Top resort.

Bunaken has wonderful diving. Very healthy reefs. One of my favorite spots for diving.

I have done 2 trips to the area a couple of years ago in a 3 month period. I stayed at both high end and low end resorts. Great area.

My suggestion is do Bunaken, then Gangga and finish up at Lembeh. Ganngas boats can drop you off at Bunaken or Lembeh without losing a days diving. We had Gannga drop us off at lembeh resort after 3 dives and we then did a shore dive the same day at Lembeh.

I've been to Gangga Island resort before, well done my courses there actually.. it really great for holiday, great pleasure.. even for Indonesian like me is quite pricey but it is really worth!!!!!

With all this talk of Bunaken/ Gangga, lembeh options how are the Gangga resorts priced next to Bunaken and Lembeh for the mid range?

Which area has the better diving/accomodations--Gangga (Gangga Island Resort) or Bunaken (Cha Cha Bunaken Resort)? or another spot entirely in North Sulawesi? We'll be diving a week at Kasawari in Lembeh and want to do a second week of pretty reefs. Would prefer not a lot of current but know that at times we'll have some. Also love to snorkel.

Thanks.

Hi as I am from North Sulawesi (province where Gangga, Bunaken & Lembeh located)myself, so I think I can help you with your questions :wink:

If you love island with great sand beach and high end accommodation, Gangga is the answer. Gangga Island Resorts is one of the luxury resort in North Sulawesi that has facilities you are expecting from a high end resort. Friendly staffs (some of them are my friends actually)

On Bunaken island itself there are many budget dive resorts & the nicest accommodation will be Bunaken Cha-Cha yet, as has informed by some people it has no swimming pool.

If you decide want to dive in Bunaken with the level of accommodation & service equal with Gangga Island Resort, the answer will be Siladen Island Resort. Siladen island is the small, white sandy beach island next to Bunaken (only 5 minutes by boat). Moreover you can snorkeling anytime you want from Siladen Island.

Actually whether you are staying in Gangga or Bunaken, you still will be able to dive in the other area as Gangga can take you dive to Bunaken & most dive operator in Bunaken can take you to Gangga with additional charge.

Let me know by message how I may be any assistance for you.

I am looking for the same thing... pretty much. Group of us spending 10+ days in N. Sulawesi in Aug/Sept. Planning to stay at NAD for 1/2 time and something else for the rest. As can tell from NAD, we dont need deluxe but AC, Hot water, Great crew and diving are musts. Havnt looked at resorts much yet so open to opinions. Want to dive dive dive! Say 10+ days because at least one of group can only stay for 10 days, but I want to stay a little longer... How is transportation from NAD - ??? - Manado?

Jeremy,
NAD in Lembeh is a good choice if you are not looking for something luxury yet not very basic accommodation with great diving. We sent a group last October there.

If you would like to combine it with Bunaken, I would suggest Thalassa Dive Center - one of the best & biggest dive center in North Sulawesi, who work along with 3 types of accommodations: Santika (4* hotel), Bahowo Lodge (small hotel with AC & Hot Water) & Two Fish (budget guests house). Thalassa & these three accommodations located on the main land of North Sulawesi but very close to Bunaken. It only takes 10 minutes from Thalassa to Bunaken by boat & it has very flexible dive arrangement.

Mostly the transfer arrangement from the resorts in Lembeh & Bunaken is like this:
On your check out date they will drop you by car at the airport and the other resort will pick you up from there. It take about 2.5 hours by car from Lembeh port to Bunaken port.

Let me know by message if you need further assistance, I can assist you with direct transfer from one resort to the other and also if your group might interested in doing land tour on your last day when you can not diving.

Warm greeting from Sunny Indonesia :wink:

With all this talk of Bunaken/ Gangga, lembeh options how are the Gangga resorts priced next to Bunaken and Lembeh for the mid range?

There are many accommodation in Lembeh & Bunaken from different levels.
Gangga Island Resort will be on the same level as Siladen Island Resort & Minahasa Lagoon Dive & Tour Club for Bunaken. While in Lembeh, the same level of accommodation will be Kasawari & orobably Black Sand & Kungkungan Bay Resort.

thats 1.5 hours :wink:

Only happened when I did guests transfer early morning at around 6am.:cool2: After 7, with all lovely mikrolets,:D not sure if can make it less than 2 hours.

Oh, I think i did once when I was following the governor's car with the police car in front of us :chuckle:

On last saturday 12/12/2009 we need 93 minutes to reach KBR from airport at 12:15 pm just normal driving via short cut road; no ambulance or governor's car in front of us.
However, if there's big trailer in front you may need 2 hours.

If you want to dive in the Bangka Island area then staying on Gangga Island is really your only choice for quality lodging. Boats from Bunaken and Lembeh very rarely go to Bangka Island. In fact, I have never seen any boats from Lembeh and can't remember when I last saw a Bunaken/Manado based boat. On the other hand, Gangga has fast, comfortable boats that do go to Lembeh and Bunaken.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom