Bunaken-Bastianos anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anemone

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I looked for past thread about Manado/Bunaken but couldn't find info about Bastianos Resort and Diving Centre. As i'm planning to go to Bunaken this Sept, looking very much forward to it but couldn't decide where/which to dive with.

Have anyone stayed at Bastianos lately? How are they? I've sent some queries to Two Fish Divers, Living Colors, Bunaken Divers and Bastianos.So far only Bastianos has the dates that we want, Two Fish and Living Colors short couple of days and Bunaken hasn't reply yet. So it would be nice if anyone has staying with them and share the experience with us!

Thanks!

Not very good reputation, but they seem to be the cheapest. A friend was there 2 years ago i really dislike. Froggies, Murex and Celebes divers are the best ones around. You can go in any of those 3

Bastianos wasn't impressive looking when I was in Manado last October. I ended up staying at Living Colors. It was OK. The food was very blah, so much so that I think I lost weight despite it being "buffet style." The bungalows were OK, but the bathrooms were pretty lame--and I'm a backpacker!

It just didn't seem worth the money, particularly since I've lived in Indonesia before and know how much your rupiah should get you. I did, however, hear great things about Two Fish. Unfortunately, they were booked during my dates.

I suppose one of the problems with Bunaken was the fact that I'd just spent a week on the Togean Islands at Black Marlin Dive Centre. (It's hard to get to, but it's paradise.) And the week before that I was diving in Komodo (amazing!) and Flores.

In defense of Living Colors, the Finnish owners are very nice, the staff are very experienced, and the boats are nice. And, after all, I did see two pygmy seahorses, and that made everything worth it!

Best of luck!
Hapadiver

Hmm..no wonder this Two Fish booked up most of the time..And since my other half is Finn, we might get some discount at Living Colors LOL! but they don't have the last 2 days so they have to put us somewhere else..and i'd rather stay at one place till the end than packing up and move to other room/reasort..too much work for a vacation :crafty:

Didn't stay at Bastianos myself, but at Sulawesi Dive Quest. It was april this year and very quiet everywehere on the island. Bastianos seemed big from the outside and more like a 'diving factory'.

Personally I loved Sulawesi Dive Quest. It is situated on the same beach as Bastianos and Froggies, but right on the other side of the beach (nice and quiet). Personell don't speak much English, but just enough to make them understood.

Sulawesi Dive Quest has great deals going, not only at Bunaken, but also at Lembeh. Stayed there too and that was even better. Two weeks diving (29 dives, 14 day's accomodation, food and all transport to/from Airport + Bunaken & Lembeh) costed me just 800 US$! That's great value for money I'd say!

Have a look at www.sulawesi-dive-quest.com

Valentino:
Personally I loved Sulawesi Dive Quest. It is situated on the same beach as Bastianos and Froggies, but right on the other side of the beach (nice and quiet). Personell don't speak much English, but just enough to make them understood.

Sulawesi Dive Quest has great deals going, not only at Bunaken, but also at Lembeh. Stayed there too and that was even better. Two weeks diving (29 dives, 14 day's accomodation, food and all transport to/from Airport + Bunaken & Lembeh) costed me just 800 US$! That's great value for money I'd say!

And how about the equipments used? are they well maintained? Or is it the same everywhere else on the island?

anemone:
And how about the equipments used? are they well maintained? Or is it the same everywhere else on the island?

I used my own equipment, but the stuff that could be rented was of decent quality. The air they use is also clean.

Have stayed at Bastianos several times, they are going down hill!!! The guy who use to run their dive shop, called "Sunsplash" now runs SeaBreeze resort, just around the island, his name is Terry an Aussie, check out www.bunakendivers.com. Any more questions PM me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom