Bullet skin question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jimmer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, I wanted to know if the bullet skin has anymore room in the lower legs than the Tech? I am a long time cyclist and have trouble getting my legs into my tech skin with the Mk2 undies on, and was planning on getting a set of Mk3's for my deco class in the spring but was worried about the fit.

Thanks,
Jim

Hey Jim, The Bullet suit and the Tech suit both have the same dry core. I am wondering if you might have one of the first generation cores that were black in color? We have since added extra materal around the calves to compinsate for this, these second generation cores are grey in color, please let me know which one you currently have.
Thanks Doug.

Hi Doug, I do have the black core, I've been diving this suit for about 3 years give or take.

Jim

Sorry Jim, that would be the first gen core, maybe give me call 866-652-8556 to see if we can come up with a solution for you.
Doug.

Dogfish Doug, IS there a solution for the small legs? If so, I'd love to know about it. It's only my periodic irritation with stuffing the MK 3 into the arms and legs that ever makes me think about owning another suit.

Thanks Doug, I will call you on Wednesday.

Jim

My issue with the suit is getting me feet back out after diving. I wear fleece sweat pants, thick socks, with another brands 400g undies and booties. Used to almost require two people and it definitely made it easier. Now I have figured out if I pull the jumpsuit out from the booties it comes off much easier (Probably damaging the jumpsuit in the process as it is Thinsulate, and I have to pull very hard), but is still a struggle. I have the grey suit with a Tech Skin that needs to be upgraded to the newer pockets of the Bullet (My biggest pet peeve of the suit, that should be resolved with the Bullet skin), and by no means am I fat...most would classify me as skinny. Any tricks or tips anyone can share?

Hey Peter, a couple of little things that may help when doffing the suit are not to pull it down to far so that it does not bunch up around your ankles. Also when pulling off grab by the heel, not the toes, this will help it slide off easier. Not sure if this will help or not but let me know. There may be other people on here with some tips as well. Also we have some video clips of donning and doffing the suit on our website that may help as well.
Cheers Doug.

Thanks for the reply Doug. I do not tend to pull the suit down far enough to create an issue. I do pull by the heels already. Most of it is probably just because I wear so much insulation. Of course I would not really want the suit any bigger as it would make the air bubble harder to manage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom