Bulla's Expecting again. 3rd trimester..end...

When will we meet Drake?

• 3/29

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3/30

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • 3/31

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • 4/1

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • 4/2

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • 4/3

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • 4/4

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Between the 5th but not later than the 10th

• between the 10th but not later than the 17th

• She's goin all the way to the 18th...

Votes: 10 15.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmmm -- keeps everyone waiting and only shows up when he's good and ready and feels like it.

Could Drake actually be a future...

SCUBABOARD MODERATOR?????

:rofl3:

Okay, I don't know where to start... First of all, Colin and ReefGuy, I'll deal with both of you off-line! Yes, flogging will be a good start, and that's all I'm going to put in writing for fear of witnesses and potential legal action down the road. Hmmm... Where to hide the bodies...

Simon, you are definitely an engineer. :wink:

As far as the midwifery rules go, a mom can safely deliver in a birth center (or home birth) anywhere between 37 and 42 weeks gestation. The antibiotics thing ReefGuy was referring to refers to antibiotics being administered to mom once her water has been broken for 24 hours to prevent potential infection to the baby.

I forget exactly how often each is done, but now that I'm beyond my due date, I'll be doing non-stress tests and fetal biophysical profiles to make sure Drake is tolerating the wait and that his amniotic fluid levels remain safe. I had a non-stress test last week, and everything was absolutely perfect. I have another NST scheduled for tomorrow morning, and my first BPP is set for Wednesday afternoon.

The BPP, or biophysical profile, basically looks like an ultrasound from a casual observer's viewpoint, but the dr is looking at more specific things. The non-stress test has me lying down with a fetal monitor strapped to my belly and a "thingy" (I hope I haven't gone over anyone's head with THAT technical term!) on top of my belly that monitors any contractions. It tracks Drake's heart rate for 20 minutes or so, it marks off any contractions that happen during the 20 minutes, and I also have a button that I push any time I feel Drake move. Based on the read-out, it's determined if he's doing well or is being stressed.

If I'm still pregnant next Wednesday (5/2), I guess we'll start the induction, my home birth will not be happening, and the Bullas will be missing Cinco de Mayo. :( I'm seriously considering getting out the breast pump, but I want to talk to my midwife first. (Nipple stimulation induces labor) Is that TMI???

And while I was typing this whole post, I looked up at our stupid fish tank and realized that our stupid guppies just had 10 stupid baby guppies from the time I got home 'til the time I started typing this whole message. Everyone is having their stupid babies before me!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! <breathe> Okay, I'm better now.

:preggers: Kris

Awwwh Kris, breathe. Play Jimmy Buffett music. All will be over soon and in a couple years you will be laughing about this. Just remember to bookmark this thread so you can find it!

Awwww, Kris! I soooooo feel for you! Hang in there, girl! Just think, though... the baby guppies wanted to get here first so they could help welcome Li'l Drake into the world. :)

And.... you haven't tried the nip stimulation yet!?!?! Best be gettin' on that... anything to get him here, right?!?! LOL If I was in your shoes, I'd be "playin' and prayin'!" LOL :rofl3: (sorry, guys!)

bugger... i just realized... for me its only 14 hours for bubby to hold but you guys are behind us

sorry Mrs Bulla... 12.01am 25th April... gotta hold until then

But Kris, what about the hydraulics package?

Tempting??

KBulla:
(Nipple stimulation induces labor)

that's not the only thing it ... ahem ... induces...

H2Andy:
that's not the only thing it ... ahem ... induces...

If Andy didn't say it...oh well, back to lurking.

ReefGuy:
But Kris, what about the hydraulics package?

Tempting??

You mean you haven't been flogged yet! :11: :confused: Well... maybe Kris is still busy with Colin's flogging.... then she must dispose of the body. :wink: :blinking:

Reefguy... don't fret. I'm sure she hasn't forgotten your punishment... :eyebrow:

:D :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom