Bull Sharks Video and Cancun Dive info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snorkymn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey everyone,

I hooked up with Ben and Jorge at Scorpio Divers for a week of diving in Cancun, and we did the Bull Shark dive in Playa on the 16th. (2 dives actually)

They do not chum, and maintain strict safety and standards.

I managed to grab a ton of videos of the sharks on my little Fuji Finepix F30 camera, here's a link to one of the videos. Wish I had a way to make the videos less blue, but that's beyond me at this point.

YouTube - Bull Sharks Playa Del Carmen

I hope to post more of the videos sometime soon and will update this thread.

There's also a thread already started by Doberman of some videos I took while we saw a whale shark, and a school of eagle rays, while doing the wreck dive in Puerto Morelos. You can see those videos from the links in that thread, or look at YouTube - snorkymn's Channel

To those that are wondering if the diving in Cancun is ok, I have to say I was VERY pleasantly surprised at how good it was. The reefs I did there were pretty nice, with lots of fish, sponges, and fans. Also saw nurse sharks, turtles, southern stingrays, and lots of other aquatic life. There were actually some flat areas near the reefs where you could see crops of sea fans, as far as the eye could see.

And one of the dives you do is near Isla Mujeres, I actually saw a school of 6 Midnight Parrotfish feeding, grouped with at least 6 collosus parrotfish. You don't see that everyday, even in Cozumel! I actually did a week of diving in Cozumel before I went to Cancun and have to say I enjoyed Cancun as much as Cozumel. If you figured in the ease of doing Puerto Morelos and the Bull Sharks dive as well, Cancun is definitely a stop you should make.

And definitely get hold of Scorpio Divers if you want to do some diving in the Cancun area, they'll take great care of you. They even pick you up at your hotel and take you to the boat, something most of those cattle operations don't do!

For those that are interested, I just uploaded half a dozen more of the Bull Shark Videos from when I went with Scorpio Divers on the 16th of December. Take a look at them when you get a chance. YouTube - snorkymn's Channel

It was quite a dive that I'd recommend to anyone.

Back
Top Bottom