DIR- Generic Bulk without warmth?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What I am about to suggest is definitely not DIR. Get a 24" length of 3" or 4" schedule 40 or 80 pvc pipe and a couple of caps. Glue one cap on, slip the other on. Attach to tanks and adjust length of pipe until tanks are sightly negative at surface, then go dive it. You will probably have to shorten the pipe once or twice until you get it dialed in. Then glue the other cap on.

I know a couple of skinny little guys that use this for double lp 120's off a boat. And yes, your GUE buddies will laugh and point. Just paint it black and put a Halcyon sticker on it. You can get away with almost anything black with a Halcyon sticker.

If you want to look more cool, you can probably come up with a old school battery canister.

Mine are Faber. They were good enough to be approaching a first time tech pass in Fundies (unfortunately, I wasn’t consistent enough with my skills to get a tech pass, but the tanks were good enough! Ha!)
Which Faber's? Some are -7# each, others are +0.5#

What I am about to suggest is definitely not DIR. Get a 24" length of 3" or 4" schedule 40 or 80 pvc pipe and a couple of caps. Glue one cap on, slip the other on. Attach to tanks and adjust length of pipe until tanks are sightly negative at surface, then go dive it. You will probably have to shorten the pipe once or twice until you get it dialed in. Then glue the other cap on.

I know a couple of skinny little guys that use this for double lp 120's off a boat. And yes, your GUE buddies will laugh and point. Just paint it black and put a Halcyon sticker on it. You can get away with almost anything black with a Halcyon sticker.

If you want to look more cool, you can probably come up with a old school battery canister.
lmao. That's gonna be a no for me.

But also - If only I had GUE teammates in Minnesota... this is a barren wasteland for regular scuba, much less those who commit to excellence. I think there's like 5 people who have taken fundies in this state. 10,000 lakes and the scuba community is largely people who dive one time in the summer at scubapalooza to have a log book entry for their winter vacations.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom