Building a tank dryer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

None of my tanks have any rust which is why I am using the glass beads. I know that I do not "Really Need" media in the tank to O2 clean it, but it makes me feel better knowing that there is something else in there scrubbing the inside of the tank. I think that the water jet method will work just fine...

Great ideas from everyone....

Phil

After a tumble or whip I run hot water into the inverted tank and get it as hot as possible then which to air and it will be dry in about 45 seconds.

OK, I was off this past weekend and wanted to make a stand to rinse out my tanks with so here is what I ended up with. It is a 25"w x 25"L x 21"h (to fit over two five gallon buckets) with a 2" hole cut in the middle of the table for the cylinder neck to go through. I then made a 8" box to put on top so that up to 8" tanks can be in there and not need to be held by a second person. The box was made is 4 pieces of a 2x10.

IMG_7798.jpg

IMG_7797.jpg

I also made a wand to go up inside the tank for rinsing so I do not have to burn the crud out of my hands while rinsing the tank with hot water. The wand is made from .5" CPVC pipe and .75" CPVC pipe. I used the .5" for the vertical portion with comes down to a .5" elbow then another short piece of .5" pipe then goes to a adapter to go up to .75" pipe, followed by a short section of .75" pipe then to a couple that will allow me to attach a garden hose to it. I put a cap on the end of the vertical .5" pipe and drilled a .25" hole in it. Then drilled a few .125" holes in the sides of the vertical pipe to rinse the sides of the tank with. It all worked out pretty well...

IMG_7799.jpg

IMG_7801.jpg

Just thought I would share...

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom