Bugs on Utila??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always carry my Off with me, even to the Mango. Some days they are awful and other days are good. Sometimes the person next to you is eaten alive and they don't bother you, or vice versa. You can't figure them out, so just buy some Off when you get there and carry it in your backpack wherever you go.

I lived on Utila for a while and the noseeums come and go, when they get bad it can be excruciating, when the breeze is blowing it is better.

I found the locally produced coconut oil to be the best repellent and a very fine mosquito net for night time.

Did Utila the second week in February and never saw a no-see-um. (I guess you wouldn't see-um, hence...............oh never mind)
No one in our group of 18 got bit the entire week but we all carried cans of Deep Woods off. We didn't use it but we knew we might need it at any time. I wouldn't NOT go to Utila (double negative there) because of the no-see-ums, they're on every tropical island, it just depends on the breeze, etc. Take your repellent and have a great time, it's a wonderful place!

Back
Top Bottom