Bug Hunting tonight off of Pt Dume??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jpurkiss

Reaction score
Anyone up for hunting for bugs tonight off of Pt. Dume. I went out there today and the conditions were very good. Almost no surf. I caught a 2# lobster in the grass that was just chillin.

No scuba just snorkel.

Josh

Not sure, but I think the parking lot closes at dark. Good idea to make alternate plan just in case.

I went yesterday afternoon. The conditions were really good. That is why I wanted to go out last night. I never made it out though. I will be heading out tonight for sure.

I caught a 2# female yesterday in daylight. It was just chilling in the grass. I also saw 2 large cabezons. Has anyone ever eaten them? How do they taste?

Thanks
Josh

I sent you a PM. If you need a partner tonight, give me a ring. My # was in the PM. Dume rocks

jpurkiss:
I also saw 2 large cabezons. Has anyone ever eaten them? How do they taste?

Thanks
Josh

Cabezon are good eating and taste like most other rockfish but the cabazon have huge heads and not very much meat in the body. Make sure you check the dfg regs before you decide to take one to make sure the season is still open for take.

Good luck!

Sorry

She had brown hair, brown eyes, was really loaded...O wait you mean the dive? Oops

Pt. Dume freedive
water-57
air-really cold
vis- 10 to 15 in spots...5 to 10 in others
not as buggy as other times but there were some out there...took home 1
not alot of current and only a little surge
swell was small...looked like a lake

Overall I had a great time, I had never dove with Josh before but he turned out to be really cool so even though we did not do so good as far as the bug count I had a blast. I need to get back out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom