Bug Hunting at Blue Lagoon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GeekDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has any one heard of any special activity at blue lagoon?

My wife called me for Lunch and said that she was watching the news and they were talking about Diving for lobster at Blue Lagoon this comming weekend. Does anyone know if this is true?

This is the first time ever she has wanted me to go diving.

You ARE talking about Blue Lagoon in Huntsville, right?

If they are diving for lobsters it's a promotional thing and the bugs would have to be pre-packaged. The water in both lagoons is so high in alkaline that nothing will or can live in it. With the exception of some small brown bottom dwelling African Cichlids the A&M put in there a few years ago for an experiment and dragonfly larvae around the shallows.

Thats the only Blue Lagoon I know of.

I had the same questions. Thats why I was wondering if anyone else had heard or seen this. I didn't know how they could reliese them and keep them live becouse of the high PH levels.

My wife said that they mentioned it on the local news while they spoke of local upcomeing events. She said they just briefly mentioned it and did not say any details.

I think one of my diver friends in Florida told me there is a place called Blue Lagoon in FLA-USA...could that be what you're thinking of?

Back
Top Bottom