Budget Trip Challenge - Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gbeasley

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
World Trips - Atlas International for health insurance.

Hua Hua Restaurant on Kaya F Teresa Llario - it's on the road that's closest to the north side of the airport.

The other Chinese restaurant is next to the Liangxang Supermarket on Kaya Nikibola Zuid. It's across from the baseball field and the Bola fields.

gbeasley

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What insurance did you get? It sounds like a good deal! Also curious about the names of the Chinese restaurants you enjoyed! My guilty pleasure is Kite City Food Truck.
Also the lunch buffet in Exito Restaurant. It's on the north end of the restaurant. You pick your meat and sides.

gbeasley

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've just planned and booked a 2 week trip for 3 to Bonaire for under $7000 for the three of us
-$1350 total for an Air BnB with a kitchen (I shall be serving as chef)
-$650 for manual transmission truck (2/3 of us can drive it, and I'm hoping to learn while I'm there)
-$1200 unlimited air from Buddy Dive (but I will price out some of the shops you mentioned because we are interested in big tanks for everyone but me)
-$500 for food (hopefully including a few trips to the Kite City Food truck, and to compensate, some spaghetti dinners)
-$950 for flights from Iowa on Delta, $750 for flights from Buffalo via Newark on United including 2 checked bags, $850ish for flight from Newark to Bonaire on United and from Bonaire to Iowa on Delta.
-$135 STINAPA for 3
-$195 for return to US COVID testing ($65 per test)

TOTAL: $ 6700

(And our AirBnB accomodates one more person, if the bed is wide enough to actually sleep myself and my partner.)
Where did you get a truck for 2 weeks for $650?

arubabob1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Bonaire is always a sweet dive trip, since I just fly there from Aruba, So a 2.5 dive trip is about $350 in air fare. $32 a day for unlimited air. $36 a day for a 4 door truck. About $80 a night for a place with a full kitchen, so I can cook. That makes a pretty cheap dive trip. Bonaire is the BEST!!!

arubabob1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Also you had to book your truck early. Now the trucks on Expedia, are double!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Top Bottom