Budget Hotel in Kona for One Night Pre-Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjarens

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
:confused: Booked a last minute trip on the Kona Aggressor and find myself arriving in Kona the night before. Now I'm looking to book into a modest lodging for one night.

Any recommendations???

Thanks,
mjarens

Try the Kona Seaside Hotel. It's just a couple hundred yards to where the Aggressor docks - maybe even closer.

I've never been there, just found myself needing a place for when we go on the Aggressor. (maybe next year...)

The Seaside is pretty convenient for not renting (and getting returned) a car. Not a fancy or roomy place but adequate. Food, grocery, drugstore and a dive shop within walking distance.

Thanks for the suggestion. I was looking at the Kona Seaside already and after your suggestions I've booked it. Great price, convienient, etc.

Say Redrover, I saw on your profile you have a Henderson Hyperstretch. Can you give me pros & cons? I'm thinking of making a purchase before my trip, maybe even at Jacks Diving Locker...they've got such a great selection of dive gear compared to our local shops.

Thanks again to both of you,
mjarens

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom