budget hotel in ambergris caye

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We just got back from AC mid April, stayed at Banana Beach and dove with Amigos Del Mar. Loved our dive trip to the Blue Hole, especially the 2 dives after... the Blue Hole was another world and another story for me (see trip report).... But, we stayed in a Deluxe Oceanfront room and it was great, the front room had a fold out couch, full kitchen, dining table and a awesome deck overlooking the beach... It was a one bedroom.. Their apartment rooms (we stayed in one the 1st night), had no pull out couch so they had to bring up a twin for our daughter.... very cramped...... and the view from the great deck was an empty lot with some construction going on... For the first 4-5 days there seemed to be MANY children around, the big pool was always full and then the cleaning took a couple of days after they vacated... The small pool was great! It was quiet and I always saw a security guard around, other than that and was middle of the road in pricing.
Dove with Amigos Del Mar, they were fantastic.. always picked us up at the pier at BB and took great care of us. We liked the fact that we could leave at 9am and be back to the room by 12-1pm, two tank dives were very close. They weren't the BEST, but diving is diving and we had our daughter with us, so we could spend a lot of time with her. If we ever go again I would like to stay on Turneffe for part of the time, the diving I hear is better???? The reefs off of ac didn't compare AT ALL to the dives by Half Moon Caye. Not as much to see.

Back
Top Bottom