Budget diving 2010 - too good to pass up~

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dvrliz1

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
“BUDGET” DIVING FOR 2010​

SO YOU WANT TO GO ON A DIVE TRIP, LET’S SAY TO BONAIRE IN 2010, BUT MONEY IS TIGHT?????

NO PROBLEM!! “BUDGET” YOUR DIVE TRIP INTO YOUR MONTHLY EXPENSES!!

GOLDEN REEF INN IS OFFERING TO “LAYAWAY” YOUR TRIP WITH ZERO* PERCENT INTEREST!! THIS IS HOW IT WORKS.

BOOK YOUR TRIP AT THE GOLDEN REEF INN BETWEEN NOW AND 31 DECEMBER 2009. YOUR INTITIAL DEPOSIT WITH THE RESERVATION WILL BE $150.00 PER PERSON. THEN ON A MONTHLY BASIS WE WILL CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD EQUAL MONTHLY PAYMENTS UNTIL YOU ARRIVE!

FOR EXAMPLE: YOU BOOK A STAY, DIVE AND DRIVE PACKAGE IN NOVEMBER 2009 FOR MAY 2010. THE COST IS $668.50 PER PERSON.

$668.50 -$150.00 = $518.50

$518.50 DIVIDED BY 5 MONTHS: $103.70 PER MONTH PER PERSON…

IT’S THAT SIMPLE!!!

YOU CAN VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT Golden Reef Inn Resort--Home OR CALL US TOLL FREE FROM THE US/CANADA AT 866-790-7333 OR FROM ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD AT + 599 717 57 5 09.00 – 18.00 hrs, 7 DAYS A WEEK You can also check us at on SKYPE, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER by searching “Golden Reef Inn”

Conditions: Valid utilizing your VISA, MASTERCARD or DISCOVER CARD. AMEX card users will be charged a 3% interest charge to cover charges incurred by AMEX. Cannot be combined with any other specials or promotions. Cancellation Policy: The $150.00 pp is a non-refundable deposit. If cancellation within 30 days in low season and 60 days in high season, of arrival, all monies are non-refundable, but may be applied to another stay within 1 calendar year. Must mention “Budget Diving” when booking.

Last edited:
GOLDEN REEF INN IS OFFERING TO “BUDGET FINANCE” YOUR TRIP WITH ZERO* PERCENT INTEREST!! THIS IS HOW IT WORKS.

BOOK YOUR TRIP AT THE GOLDEN REEF INN BETWEEN NOW AND 31 DECEMBER 2009. YOUR INTITIAL DEPOSIT WITH THE RESERVATION WILL BE $150.00 PER PERSON. THEN ON A MONTHLY BASIS WE WILL CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD EQUAL MONTHLY PAYMENTS UNTIL YOU ARRIVE!

FOR EXAMPLE: YOU BOOK A STAY, DIVE AND DRIVE PACKAGE IN NOVEMBER 2009 FOR MAY 2010. THE COST IS $668.50 PER PERSON.

$668.50 -$150.00 = $518.50

$518.50 DIVIDED BY 5 MONTHS: $103.70 PER MONTH PER PERSON…

IT’S THAT SIMPLE!!!
Uh. To point out the obvious, "zero percent financing" refers to a situation in which the consumer obtains credit for a purchase and pays off the balance after taking ownership of the product or receiving the service. What the OP describes is a pre-pay plan. I have no problems with leaving a deposit to hold a reservation...but this is a little ridiculous. In fact, I find the marketing spin downright insulting.

How magnanimous of the operators of the Golden Reef Inn! Caveat emptor.

It's good of them to not charge you interest, but they're charging your credit card, which certainly is charging interest, unless you're paying it off monthly. If you are able to pay it off monthly, why not set the money aside each month and pay it in full when you arrive.

Hey all,

It was just an idea to make things easier for people. Sorry I got the "wording" incorrect. I have had A guest ask if they can pay a little each month....until they arrive and thought, hey that works. You DON'T have to use an interest bearing credit card, you can use a debit card of Visa or MC and there would be no interest charged.

You all should know us and know that we ALWAYS try to help SB members the best we can with information and great pricing. GRI has NEVER and will NEVER attempt to "scam" anyone.

In all, I am hurt by the assumptions, why not PM or email me and ask, or point out the incorrect wording...

OK, I HAVE CHANGED THE WORDING TO LAYAWAY....THANKS FOR POINTING IT OUT.

@dvrliz1: Perhaps I was a little too harsh in my last post. Thanks for the explanation. Now I'm curious. Prior to this "too good to pass up" promotion, what was the standard practice of payment for your customers? With most hotel/vacation/dive ops, customers send in a down payment (part of which may be non-refundable) at the time of the reservation and then will pay the remaining balance at the time of check-in. Is that how it normally works at the Golden Reef Inn?

Bubble,

Yes, that is the way it works. We have had a few guests ask that we take out payments on a monthly basis until they arrive, so that there vacation is "prepaid" when they arrive. The discussion I had with one guest I am doing this with stated "This is one less thing I have to worry about (putting money aside, budgeting), etc. to each his/her own. I just wanted it known that we will go ahead to work with people on any flexible measure to help out.

Back
Top Bottom