Budget accomodations in PG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gveugenio

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Whats the best budget accomodations in Sabang (in terms of accomodations and price)? Is it recommended to visit Kilima Drift and Canyons at this time of the year or the habagat is spoiling the fun???

Big Apple is a fun place and you can get a fan room 3 or 4 for 650p.

Your dive op will know if those dives are good for when you are going or not but there are alot of good dives there if those are not doable.

You need to better define your price range. There is cheap and there is really cheap.......of course you can always go for not-so-cheap.

rexman24:
Big Apple is a fun place and you can get a fan room 3 or 4 for 650p.

Wow thats what I call super budget accomodations... never tried any accomodations of that range before, but it wont hurt to try...

BabyDamulag, probably any accomodation P1k and below can be considered budget for me... Fan room doesn't matter since the weather is not so hot this time of the year.

Babydamulag:
You need to better define your price range. There is cheap and there is really cheap.......of course you can always go for not-so-cheap.

BabyD, Sorry for my ignorance but what exactly do you mean by

1. really cheap?
2. cheap??

Saving a few bucks can buy you a nice meal in Captain Gregs... hehe

gveugenio:
BabyD, Sorry for my ignorance but what exactly do you mean by

1. really cheap?
2. cheap??

Saving a few bucks can buy you a nice meal in Captain Gregs... hehe
well there's always the sleeping bag on the beach in front of triton... hehehehehe

sorry... back on topic...

angelines (i think it's still there) used to have 600-ish fan rooms too... they don't have an op though, just rooms, so you dive with somebody else...

but big app is good... i've tried their fan rooms before and they're not bad at all...

Jag

gveugenio:
Kilima Drift and Canyons
you need a good guide and boat man, and right timing. and Nitorx provided that you have a good control of buoyancy.
then you can have a great super drift diving from Kilima to Canyon.last time we did, took us only 5 minutes from Kilima to Canyons and we stayed (hanging) bottom of the Canyon and watched tons of fish for about 20 minutes. if you miss the signal to get down to the bottom of Canyon..... you will be "Bye Bye!, see you at Verde!!!"

I hate fan rooms....

GV, second what LIS said...stay near the bottom and a ridge, 60-70ft would be just right at the Canyons. You've nothing to hold on when you're at 80 plus ft:D

You can get a room with aircon for about $40 US/night or as cheap as $20 US/night. I would recommend Sabang Inn for the "niddle cheap". They have everything there and are good folks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom