"Budget" Accommodation in Aruba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbird71

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All,

I am planning a dive trip for the last week of Dec/first week of Jan. I'm traveling alone, and finding reasonable accommodation is usually my biggest obstacle. If anyone has a recommendation of somewhere reasonable, I would appreciate it.

Not looking for a hostel or a room at the hobo arms, but something simple and close to a bit of night life since I'm traveling alone.

Why spend money on a budget accommodation in Aruba when you can probably spend the same money on an awesome trip to Curacao?

You can check out some of the places listed here:

VisitAruba plus - Accommodations

I was a solo traveler when I went to Aruba, and I've stayed @ Sunset Beach Studios and they were fine, but you would need a rental car or rely on buses (there's a stop very close).

I want to go to somewhere in the Caribbean that has some good wreck dives.
You could try the Mill Resort The Mill Resort Aruba - Hotels Aruba - Family Resort. It is not right on the beach, but within walking distance. Also, the beaches on Aruba are all public not private beaches, so you will have easy access, if you want.

It is near Unique Sports of Aruba http://www.visitarubaplus.com/uniquesports/, which is a very good dive shop, and they can take you to all off the wrecks.

It is also within walking distance of lots of restaurants, shops, and night life.

A little on the cheap side, but I know people that have wanted to save money and have stayed there and they were pleased.

Ken

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom