Buddy near Orlando for RubyConf2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rab

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm going to be in Orlando for RubyConf2008 November 6-8. I'd love to put some dive days before or after if I can find a buddy. Ideally, someone going to RubyConf, but someone local would be good, too.

I have in-laws that I might go stay with in Ft.Lauderdale (3.5hrs south) if I can't find a buddy in or around Orlando (cheaper to sleep on their couch than stay in a hotel ;-))

If you're going to RubyConf and live along the driving route between Cincinnati,OH and Orlando and are interested in a carpool, we really need to talk! :cool2:

-Rob

I live in the orlando area and always up for some dives. all of the good developer conferences are here, so i cannot justify going anywhere for "professional development"

I'm going to have to agree with deepn0va since I work with him at my job and we dive together all the time! PM us when you are close to being in town and we'll set up some dives!

well, I'm going to go to Ft.Lauderdale and do some dives on 11/5 before driving up to Orlando. The timing and the airfare worked out better that way.

-Rob

What type of diving do you want to do? Spearfish? Cave? Cavern? Wreck? Reef? Drift? Deep? Shore? Freshwater? Salt? All these are possible within a few hours drive from Orlando.

What type of diving do you want to do? Spearfish? Cave? Cavern? Wreck? Reef? Drift? Deep? Shore? Freshwater? Salt? All these are possible within a few hours drive from Orlando.

I've done Wreck/Reef/Drift/Deep/Shore/Fresh/Salt in south Florida and Ohio with a few Great Lakes and California Coast, too.

I live about 20 minutes from your conference at Champions Gate. Contact me with more specific dates and we should be able to arrange something. I look forward to having an excuse to head south.

I'm planning to dive on Wednesday, 11/5, in/around Ft. Lauderdale. My in-laws have a place in Ft. Lauderdale where I will stay Tuesday night. I'll get cylinders at Fill Express since I'm flying and not driving down this time.

PM if you're still interested in diving on a Wednesday.

-Rob

I'm going to be in Orlando for RubyConf2008 November 6-8. I'd love to put some dive days before or after if I can find a buddy. Ideally, someone going to RubyConf, but someone local would be good, too.

I have in-laws that I might go stay with in Ft.Lauderdale (3.5hrs south) if I can't find a buddy in or around Orlando (cheaper to sleep on their couch than stay in a hotel ;-))

If you're going to RubyConf and live along the driving route between Cincinnati,OH and Orlando and are interested in a carpool, we really need to talk! :cool2:

-Rob

Our son is quite involved and has written and given lectures at Ruby Conferences. We are headed to Aruba for diving that Saturday so will not be able to dive.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom