Buddy Locator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteve

Wow.....what a DB
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It seems as though users that are outside of the US are unable to use the Lat and Long figures. I tried wice and both times it came up with the error that my ZIP code was incorrect form.

Maybe I missed an instruction somewhere?

We have other members already listed. What are your coordinates?

Lat 43.55837637853458
Long -80.26834487915039

According the the linked page on the edit profile page.

I also did try to crop the digits to 5 decimal places and that did not work either.

I do believe that that time it worked. Thanks

If all else fails, come to Florida. You'll always find good diving here. :D m And, people will be able to find you.

We didn't want to make the Latitude/Longitude any more precise than necessary. This protects your privacy while still retaining the functionality.

It is a great function and it was a very good idea for Howard to remind people in the announcement to "not be too specific". Otherwise it is easy to get caught up and escited and find your own house and click OK.

As it stands, I believe some cheese shop owner in my town is going to get a HUGE surprise if SB'ers ever attempt to kidnap me......:D. Besides....nobody would pay the ransom :rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom