Buddy alert device

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tom_kkh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi Guys,

It's my first here, be gentle ok?:D

Well, I am a person who will dive away from my buddy, my wife to be exact, when i se something interesting.

As she always swim in front of me, which I insist, so I will know if she is in any problem, tend to swim away without noticing that I have "drifted" away.

Anyhow sometimes it happens that I drifted to see something interesting and she too swam away to get a close look at something else.

By the time we realised, we are too far apart, the bottomline, I got screwed when back up the boat:shakehead:

Now here my question, is there a devise, clipped on buddies, that will sound off a soft alarm when we are too far apart? U know something like a reciever wear on both of us, so we can set like 10meter or 15 meter diameter, and it will go off when we got out of range.

Cool idea :crafty: Anything out there similar:popcorn:

You shouldn't rely on a device to avoid getting separated, you both need to pay more attention to each other and swim side by side rather than front and back.

By the time we realised, we are too far apart, the bottomline, I got screwed when back up the boat

It is also both of your responsibility to avoid separation so both of you should have "gotten screwed" back in the boat!

There are all kinds of gizmos and noise makers you can use to get someone's attention. From Sub-ducks, DiveAlert Plus & Buddy Call to a simple banging on your tank with a knife will do. And I strongly suggest you use these as a back up and not as the solution to your problem.

Back
Top Bottom