Buddies in the South Bay area...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

h-is-divin!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey everyone...hopefully this is posted in the right spot, still trying to learn the forum. I recently was certified and am all set to dive but I need some buddies!! I am in Torrance and would like to meet some cool people or groups that wouldn't mind having a newbie along. I have everything I need to go diving, just no one to go with! Would love to dive ASAP in some good local spots. I tried using the buddy finder but it seems alot of people on there are not active in the forums. Let me know :D

- Heather

Cool, someone messaged me about heading over to Veteran's park today at 5:30. If anyone is interested come on down! I would really like to head over to Laguna and do the divers cove area. I have been snorkeling there, but no diving yet.

Oh damn...forgot I have to be in Long Beach tonight....scratch that. Not going to Veterans, going to Colorado Lagoon area in Long Beach :D

Also, go check out Sea D Sea dive shop. The kid working there; Jake, is a dive nut and he'd be more than glad to take you out for local beach dives.

Also, I'm returning to LA soon and I'd be more than glad to be your buddy, though I don't do beach dives. Too much work.

Glad I didn't miss anything at Veterans. Yeah, I know Jake from Sea D Sea. That is where I got certified. Anyone diving tomorrow? I get off work in the early afternoon....itching to use my new gear! Might go check out dive vets.

A lot of people that dive at Veterans Park don't post on this board. I'd suggest to go tomorrow and talk to some of the DiveVets people to see which one would be willing to let you tag along. Once you secure a buddy or buddies, then go with them.

BTW, I was also certified at Sea D Sea. I love Barry. He's a fountain of diving information.

Back
Top Bottom