Buckle madness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ulfhedinn

-Skill Collector-
Reaction score
You would think after having dove quite a few BP/W I would have this down cold but then I use Halcyon buckles on all my kits... except this new one.

Can anyone point this old man to the setup?

Attachments

• IMG_5013.jpg
    IMG_5013.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 51
From the front, through the outer 2x slot (closest to the edge), then back through the inner 2x slot. Through the single slot, then back through the outer 2x slot (under the webbing thats already there).

Thanks Folks!

Here's the video for your type of buckle.

As @happy-diver refers, yours is slightly different than many scuba waist buckles, which have all three slots next to each other on the same side as the face plate (yours has the third slot on the opposite side of the first two). I prefer the kind where all three are on the same side, since the excess webbing feeds back towards the direction it came from and is out of the way. With your buckle, the excess webbing goes past the end of the buckle.

1716207543224.png

Here's the video for your type of buckle.

As @happy-diver refers, yours is slightly different than many scuba waist buckles, which have all three slots next to each other on the same side as the face plate (yours has the third slot on the opposite side of the first two). I prefer the kind where all three are on the same side, since the excess webbing feeds back towards the direction it came from and is out of the way. With your buckle, the excess webbing goes past the end of the buckle.

Thanks! An old Tobin Vid.. This is perfect.

Back
Top Bottom