Bucket list?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bucket list:

Cocos
Galapagos
Malpelo
Socorro
Guadalupe cage diving
south africa - protea banks, aliwal shoal, sardine run
mozambique
raja ampat
sudan
bat island costa rica
cozumel
maldives
seychelles
komodo - completed
monterey bay
fuji
solomon islands
french polynesia

the list is endlessssssss

Bucket list:

Cocos
Galapagos
Malpelo
Socorro
Guadalupe cage diving
south africa - protea banks, aliwal shoal, sardine run
mozambique
raja ampat
sudan
bat island costa rica
cozumel
maldives
seychelles
komodo - completed
monterey bay
fuji
solomon islands
french polynesia

the list is endlessssssss

Make sure you get enough safety gears with you when you dive in Malpelo after reading this: 4 diveres went missing - Malpelo, Colombia

Make sure you get enough safety gears with you when you dive in Malpelo after reading this: 4 diveres went missing - Malpelo, Colombia

yeah my buddy sent me that. it was either malpelo or cocos and we ended up booking cocos not because of safety but because the premiums malpelo is charging due to them having to relocate in 2018. will be interesting to see what the voyage time / price is like once they move.

Bob, there is not a single place for which I have heard more mixed reviews than Maldives. Didlou do Maldives as a liveaboard or as land based? My observation ... people who do land-based give it the same review that you gave while liveaboard crowd ranks it in the same level as Fiji.

Would anyone else also care to comment?

Ask me again after I've been to Fiji. :D

I can say that though I've been on 4 different itineraries in Maldives, I returned as much for the boat as the diving. While the diving was good with moments of "freakin' awesome" thrown in, Maldives still doesn't hold a candle to Raja Ampat. That said, to those of you that like hanging with sharks, then Maldives should certainly satisfy you in that regard, especially the southern itinerary.

My trip of a life time was Raja Ampat, I went and it's still on my bucket list. :) in other words, I want to go back!! Heck, I never wanted to leave in the first place!

The rest of my bucket list dives almost exclusively come from where our Wingy has been and recommends. Apparently, she knows exactly what I like. Thanks Wingy!:cheer:

So, Madagascar, eh? I'll start trying to figure out how to get there.
pre-existing on my list are Fiji and Socorro.

But for now, I'm off to the Red Sea soon and shortly after that to be followed by a return to my secret place.

Heh Chilly when you figure out how to get there message me and I will tell you how to stay alive and happy there. probably the most difficult country to dive and get around in I've encountered yet but....worth every head banging moment in the planning.

Ask me again after I've been to Fiji. :D

I can say that though I've been on 4 different itineraries in Maldives, I returned as much for the boat as the diving. While the diving was good with moments of "freakin' awesome" thrown in, Maldives still doesn't hold a candle to Raja Ampat. That said, to those of you that like hanging with sharks, then Maldives should certainly satisfy you in that regard, especially the southern itinerary.

My trip of a life time was Raja Ampat, I went and it's still on my bucket list. :) in other words, I want to go back!! Heck, I never wanted to leave in the first place!

The rest of my bucket list dives almost exclusively come from where our Wingy has been and recommends. Apparently, she knows exactly what I like. Thanks Wingy!:cheer:

So, Madagascar, eh? I'll start trying to figure out how to get there.
pre-existing on my list are Fiji and Socorro.

But for now, I'm off to the Red Sea soon and shortly after that to be followed by a return to my secret place.

Raja Ampat's awesome ... Red Sea is awesomer ... at least, that's how I rate them. If you want big animals in the Red Sea, go south ... the North's better for wrecks and reefs ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I'll be doing Daedulus Brothers and Elphinstone.

I keep mine short, and just add. Right now, The Empress and the Oriskany, Truk, and recently added the Bell Island Mines, which will be in May. I would also recommend to be put on others list, The Bell Island Wrecks in Newfoundland. Went there this summer, was fantastic, beautiful wrecks in great shape in clear blue water, but cold.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom