BSAC Diver relocating to Orange County CA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cwwilt

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all, I'm a Sports Diver relocating to SoCal (Orange County specifically). I've been looking for clubs to join, and was wondering if there were any BSAC divers in the area? Not opposed to swapping to PADI, just curious to see what's out there.

Welcome to ScubaBoard. It will be interesting to see what kind of reaction you get from LDSs to BSAC certifications. t will also be interesting to hear your experiences dealing with an Imperial instead of Metric ecosystem. Please let us know.

For the most part, California dive boats are pretty laissez faire but some dive shop clerks may not be too well informed.

California diving isn’t so much about agency affiliation and related or agency specific dive clubs. In other words there are no BSAC specific clubs or PADI dive clubs or NAUI specific clubs etc.
The closest dive certification agency affiliated club mentality and dive scene would possibly be GUE? I don’t know if it’s so much that way anymore.
Generally you just get on a boat and write down your cert info on the sheet when you board, and find a slot on the bench to put your stuff. A lot of them will let you solo and or if you want/need a buddy they will set you up. It’s pretty lax. They don’t care what agency your certified through as long as it’s ligit and you know how to dive. If you want nitrox they will want to see a card for that.
You can always shore dive too and find buddies at the LDS or social media, at the dive site, etc.
And then yeah, dive clubs. But they don’t care what your certification agency is as long as you know how to dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom