Broken tank band

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mark00020

Contributor
Reaction score
I broke the lower tank band on my Ranger this weekend, I guess the plastic had just had one to many tanks attached and it gave up. I'm curious, has anyone else had this problem and did you just order a new Zeagle band or did you upgrade to a metal buckle type band (like the halcyon.)

Any idea on the price of a new band?

Just got off the phone with Zeagle. Worst case scenario a new band/ buckle assembly would cost $25. Might be covered under warrantee. How old is the BC? Exactly how did it break?

Thanks for checking into it for me! It broke when I secured my tank, the same way I've strapped it every time. The first buckle slot broke, the one that is under the most tension. The BC is 5 years old, and it was purchased used so I highly doubt it qualifies for warranty.

I broke the lower tank band on my Ranger this weekend, I guess the plastic had just had one to many tanks attached and it gave up. I'm curious, has anyone else had this problem and did you just order a new Zeagle band or did you upgrade to a metal buckle type band (like the halcyon.)

Any idea on the price of a new band?

Never that specific problem with my Ranger but I did have the weight pockets tear loose after 18 dives. (they were kind enought to sew them back on)

The wing shredded a short time later. (they were kind enought to replace it)

The inflator crapped out and I payed too much at the LDS for a new one. (that was my bad)

Once I began hanging gear heavier than a spare air from the D rings they started to peel off the harness in an unsightly manner.

It was then that I gave up on Zeagle.

I am still trying to understand why the ripcord is colored red?

I can't say why the ripcord is red, but other than that tank band the BC has been bulletproof. Zeagle customer support is excellent, and I really like the modular form and the ease that you can get parts for it, if needed. I really like the company and I really like the gear.

To be totally honest it was probably my fault anyway, I clip the tank pretty tight because I'm lugging a 44 lb + tank on my back jumping over rocks and stuff to get to the dive site, without getting the band wet first. I don't want to drop the tank on my leg or something.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom