Broken Halcyon DSMB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dubious

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings All,

I have been using a used Halcyon DSMB. While I don't currently have a need for it since I pull a dive flag around with me, I still deploy it on one dive. Unfortunately, I had a failure at the overpressure relief valve of the DSMB. I am not sure what the technical name is, but the bulkhead? that the overpressure relief screws into broke into three pieces. Is there a place I can buy a replacement part? If so where and what is the actual part name. Unfortunately, my wife put the broken part in the trash.

Dubious.

Are you in the US? Call/email Halcyon directly and show them a picture of the part that is now missing. They'll be able to sell you another one. They may send you to Extreme Exposure who is the "big boy" Halcyon dealer and probably have it in a bin in the back somewhere, but they will definitely take care of you

I believe the name of the part that broke is the "flange".

-Z

Call/email Halcyon directly and show them a picture of the part that is now missing.

Thanks. I might try that.

believe the name of the part that broke is the "flange".

-Z

Thanks. I might give the DGX Bladder Flange Assembly a try on my next order seeing I see their dump valve fits the halcyon dsmb.

I believe the DGX bladder flange assembly will only work if the hole is 1.25 inches in diameter or less so the double gasket an the flange will have enough material to clamp down on.

Measure the whole in the material of your DSMB and Give DGX a call to confirm though.

-Z

Back
Top Bottom