Broken foot...It happens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...even though it hurt you got to keep moving to safety then you can deal with the injury...:lotsalove:

Well done and truer words have never been spoken. When you're in a dangerous situation you may have to deal with some pain to avoid a more serious injury. Sometimes it's just not safe to stay still and bemoan an injury. I don't think that point was driven home to me until I took a bull riding class. No matter how you feel when you hit the dirt you get up and run to safety or you crawl if you can't run. There's no sitting and whining that your leg is broke because in less than three seconds that bull's gonna break the other one and maybe a whole lot more.

Glad to see it's not going to require surgery. Take good care of yourself and don't push it too far too soon.
Ber :lilbunny:

So sorry for such an odd accident. I broke all 10 bones in my foot as a teen. No option to set them(too many) I def feel your pain. Wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery.

Broken foot update!

I saw the surgeon today and the bad news is I broke 3 bones not 2

the good news is that it doesnt appear I did any major damage to the ligaments or tendons so i don't need surgery..I will be in a cast for 5 weeks then moved to a walking boot (I could then go back to swimming) and will be able to dive again in about 12 weeks!

It could have been a lot worse,,if I'd needed surgery I would have been in a cast for about 6 months!

Good news!
I wish you a quick recovery

Wishing you the best.

Breakwater sure looks like a traffic jam sometimes. Kudos on handling a bad situation very well.

This just keeps getting better...like a really bad dream...I do the break on 8/31 and get a splint ..a week later on the 9/8 I get a new pink cast....then a week later I begin to get pain like a charlie horse in the calf muscle..I call the doc and ask if thats normal and could it be a blood clot..I didnt have surgery so they felt it was normal for the muscle and would go away...that saturday night the pain in the leg went away and I began having pain in the right side of my chest that felt like a broken rib...sunday the pain was less in the rib area and all in the lungs..it hurt to breath..Monday morning I called the doc. who sent me straight to the ER (9/22)...I had a lot of tests and had a pulminary embolisum (two blood clots had moved to my right lung)..I was admitted to the hospital and put on blood thinner injections and pills..the following wed. I started to have pain in the left lung and thur morning had a in small episode that required a MRI of the brain...fortunately all was well but I had to stay in the hospital till Monday morning (9/29)...I'm now resting at home...my husband give me 2 shots a day of blood thinners...with luck I will only need blood thinning pills soon and will be on this treatment for 6 to 8 months...

... and the hits just keep on coming. Truly suckworthy. If I was closer I would come teach you to knit to make all that land time go by faster :)

Oh my! Sorry to hear about all the problems, glad things seem to be getting under control. That sounds SO scary!
Ber :lilbunny:

Ouch is right! I hope you heal fast.

I broke my fibula June 6th while diving. I now have 7 screws and a plate holding it together and it's still sore and swells up. I hope it's better next year.

Follow the doctors instructions and with some luck, you'll be good as new soon.

This just keeps getting better...like a really bad dream...I do the break on 8/31 and get a splint ..a week later on the 9/8 I get a new pink cast....then a week later I begin to get pain like a charlie horse in the calf muscle..I call the doc and ask if thats normal and could it be a blood clot..I didnt have surgery so they felt it was normal for the muscle and would go away...that saturday night the pain in the leg went away and I began having pain in the right side of my chest that felt like a broken rib...sunday the pain was less in the rib area and all in the lungs..it hurt to breath..Monday morning I called the doc. who sent me straight to the ER (9/22)...I had a lot of tests and had a pulminary embolisum (two blood clots had moved to my right lung)..I was admitted to the hospital and put on blood thinner injections and pills..the following wed. I started to have pain in the left lung and thur morning had a in small episode that required a MRI of the brain...fortunately all was well but I had to stay in the hospital till Monday morning (9/29)...I'm now resting at home...my husband give me 2 shots a day of blood thinners...with luck I will only need blood thinning pills soon and will be on this treatment for 6 to 8 months...

So, is Dave's bedside manner anything like his teaching presence? :yeahbaby:

Back
Top Bottom