Broken Download Cable - Extremely Frustrating!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trigfunctions

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
It is one thing after another with these Oceanic computers. Before my dive trip this weekend, I wanted to download the dives off of my computers (VEO 200 and VEO 180) as a back up. I went through the hassle of running the clunky software and try to download but it won't work. When I look closely at the download cable, I noticed that the middle pin of the three pins is pushed all the way into the connector and won't spring out like the others, so the cable can't connect with the computer.

So now the cable appears to be worthless - all because some tiny little spring in a cheap piece of plastic is broken or something. Do I have any options besides spending $90 for a new cable?

$90?!? :11: I know I didn't pay that much when I bought it, but that's the price on line now.
Oceanic Ocean Log USB Cable, No Category, Oceanic, Oceanic Ocean Log USB Cable

$90 for a glorified USB cable? Unbelievable.

It's more than just a straight thru cable... it has a chip in it that does the translation between the computers. If the cable is bad... and you got it from us - not a problem swapping it out.

I guess I'll have to dig through my boxes to figure out where I bought it - it's been a while and we moved since then, so I don't have that info handy.

I thought the Oceanic reps would offer some advice. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom