Broken diffuser plate wp-dc34

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have managed to snap the diffuser plate for my canon housing. I have glued it back together and have used two strips of plastic to reinforce it. The two strips of plastic are not transparent or opaque, will this affect how light is distributed?

i am going to sharm on Friday and am not sure I have time to get a replacement. The repaired plate fits but I just want to know if it will work with the plastic glued across it.

Your repair may cast shadows on your images. Take some test shots to verify. If no shadows you should be good to go.

Your repair may cast shadows on your images. Take some test shots to verify. If no shadows you should be good to go.

Do I need to do this underwater to be able to tell? Sorry if this is a stupid question!

Do I need to do this underwater to be able to tell? Sorry if this is a stupid question!

I did the same thing with mine and just made a new one. I took a gallon milk jug cut out a square and then traced the lens shape and cut out the oval section. I trimmed a couple of times so that it slipped snug on the lens area and slide into the grooved area Punch a hole for a tie off string and it works great. It is more flexible but that was solved by making it a lit bigger than the original so that it still covers the flash The color of the diffuser is almost the same and it works great. Cost= nothing time = 5 minutes

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom