Broken Bow Year#4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Timeliner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
4th year in a row now, just after school starts ScubaTexasTony and I go to Lake Broken Bow , OK. and spend 4 days during the work week enjoying the
30 mile long, clear, deep water lake. Except for maybe 3 or 4 boats during the day ( and none at night) we were alone in what is
usually a busy vacation area.
The Sirens were there.
Of course, we kept things within recreational depths so we could stay clear of the scuba police.
The water was balmy on top and 46F degrees on the bottom.
We never got hung in fishing line at depth. I for one surely did not repeatedly face plant into tree branches down in the dark
or have any volcanic and ongoing regulator free flows below 120 feet as a result thats for sure. :wink:
There were no situations where being entangled in trees slowed our progress towards the surface. We were always in visual contact
and never got seperated.
There were no afternoon storms to blow wet suits out of the boat or anything like that.
We never harassed the wildlife.
Well... maybe we did just a little. We did sit in on a local Bluegrass jam session Tuesday night in town. :crafty:
The Hochatown Country Lodge is a swell place & The local Mexican food was pretty good too.

Phones don't work up there ... it's remote! Nobody is there now. So your on you own.
How Cool !!!

Last edited:
Crocodile Rock... a usually submerged island located at the edge of the old river channel.
155 feet deep here now. Great night diving and lots of fish.

5.jpg

'looks small but enough to feed 4
4.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like you guys had fun!

I had scheduled myself for Tuesday and T night, BUT our home sewer system piping collapsed onto its self. My home was build in the late 70's or early 80's in a small sub. were a mobile home park had been. Well the home contractor used from my home to the city connection some left behind thin walled PVC. We have had root entering the cracks for years--ROOT-O-RUTTER would cut them out.. Well with the heat and no rain the system gave in Monday last........still waiting on it to be inspected by the city so the contractor can finish the 4K job.

Glad the trip I missed on was a great one!!!!! Peace

Back
Top Bottom