Broke my pinky toe 4 days prior to T&C!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KidK9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I'm doing my senior clinics at Ohio State in veterinary school and 'Eddie from Ohio' an ataxic 2 year old Saddlebred horse slams his front hoof down on my right foot smashing my pinky toe on my right foot. Pretty darn sure it's broken. It's swollen and black and blue, but doesnt hinder my walking too much, so I'm still diving...so....could have been worse. Just thought I'd share.

that smarts, i've grown up around horses and know all to well what that feels like. A suggestion wear a cushy sock in your fins for a little padding on your toe to try to make it a little more comfortable.

Thanks for the suggestion, that's a good one.

They do it on purpose, you know. I have horses, so I know this.

Have a great trip anyway.

The only thing meaner than a horse is a cow. Take it from someone who has worked on a dairy farm.

Been there, done that! Broke mine a couple of years ago by stubbing it into a railroad tie while walking around outside in my bare feet. Spiral fracture, hurt like a @##$%. Just tape it to the toe next to it. That is basically all the doctor did for me.

Cool water ought to feel pretty good on it actually.

A bit late now, but perhaps steel-toed boots for Christmas?

KidK9:
So I'm doing my senior clinics at Ohio State in veterinary school and 'Eddie from Ohio' an ataxic 2 year old Saddlebred horse slams his front hoof down on my right foot smashing my pinky toe on my right foot. Pretty darn sure it's broken. It's swollen and black and blue, but doesnt hinder my walking too much, so I'm still diving...so....could have been worse. Just thought I'd share.

First off your mistake was Ohio State (GO BLUE). I guess you'll be swimming in circles, it'll probably hurt too much to use both feet! :D

Yeah, how is Michigan's vet school? Oh yeah, they dont have one. And how did your precious Blue fair this year? Not well, and lost to US...THE BUCKEYES. By the way, did you actually go to Michigan? There's nothing I cant stand more than watching people say go Blue when they didnt even go to school there. At least I'll have 2 degrees from the team and university I support!

KidK9:
Yeah, how is Michigan's vet school? Oh yeah, they dont have one. And how did your precious Blue fair this year? Not well, and lost to US...THE BUCKEYES. By the way, did you actually go to Michigan? There's nothing I cant stand more than watching people say go Blue when they didnt even go to school there. At least I'll have 2 degrees from the team and university I support!

You ever dive Gilboa Quarry? My wifes family is pretty close to there and we dive there quite a bit in the summer. May be we could meet up do a couple dives there.

Caymaniac where at in west michigan Grandville area here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom