Broadband for your laptop in the Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
If you are visiting the Philippines with your laptop and want an internet connection without relying on hotels, internet cafes, etc. you may want to consider this service furnished by Smart.
This broadband internet service works throughout the Philippines, speed depending on location. You make a one time purchase of the USB modem and SIM card for 4500 Philippine Pesos. After that you can purchase a broadband load from any of the more than one million Smart outlets nationwide. The lowest load purchase is 30 minutes. The cost is 10 Pesos per 30 minutes of connectivity.
More info at Home - Smart Bro

smart_bro.jpg

aha, I knew that was all smartBRO was! I rooolz. thanks Jim!

(I use the same technology, but using my treo. :))

Hi Jim. does it work in both Cabilao and Alona?

The speed will be good in Alona because there is a tower here. As for Cabilao I don't know but I bet it is closer to dial-up speed there.

thanks. well as long as there is a signal in cabilao, i wont be complaining.

I suggest you e mail Smart and ask them about a signal in Cabilao to be sure.

thanks. well as long as there is a signal in cabilao, i wont be complaining.
it worked in polaris, that's why I was able to log into SB when we were there.

As long as there's smart cell signal, SMARTbro is useable.

08.gif

Got a red flag update on this Smart Bro.

When you sign on it is in 30 minute increments. Stay online less than 30 minutes and get charged for 30. Stay online 31 minutes and get charged for 60 minutes.

Shame on Smart.

ahh... yes, that's one thing they need to improve on. but i understand that if you stayed online for less than 30 minutes, then logged out, and then log-in again before the 30 minutes lapses... you get charge for 30 minutes only.

for example: you log in at 10:00am then log out at 10:10. then you decide to log in again at 10:20 and log out at 10:30...you only get charge for 30 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom