Brisbane March 7th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BB1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Sorry there's no pics but no underewater camera yet!

First day on a weekend withoutstrong winds or torrential rain - yaah!

Went out with Nautilus Scuba to Flinders reef for 2 dives and then drift dived the Pines an the way back.

Conditions good at Flinders - 15m+ vis.

Pardon my excitement but as I'm still a noob at this I thought it was awesome to see my first big turtle, nice Leopard shark, numerous wobbegongs, 2 lionfish and a big puffer fish as the highlights of the dives.

Never seen sharks before and was wondering what my reaction would be but all I could think when seeming them was AWESOME!

Pines was a little dull in comparison as there is no corals there but highlight was a Barramundi Cod which are apparently very rare.

Well there's my first report and I can't wait to get out again!

Flinders reef is a nice dive but you'll find that Nautilus always goes there, so much so that I got a bit sick of it. Even when they were supposed to be going somewhere else, they'd end up going to Flinders.

Had some good dives there though. I found a 3m+ GNS there once, that was pretty awesome!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom