Brinyte DIV10 "3000 Lumen" Canister light Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yep. that is definitvly what to do, and the safest when talking about li-ion
PS: I took mine during wk to a 38 meter wreck in black sea and all other divers were really impressed by the amount of light it gives.

It depends on the type of switch and electronics used in a given light. If a classical hardware switch is used, the circuit is broken when the light is switched off and it won't drain the batteries. Most lights nowadays that feature multiple brightness settings etc. always power the electronics and use a soft switch. That means the electronics always drain current from the batteries until they are empty. The rate of this depends heavily on the individual light.

If you won't use the light for longer than a few days, just take out the batteries.

Where can I buy DIV10 or DIV15 please?

I got mine on Aliexpress.
By thd way
The light had it's first long deep dive at 40 meters . No issues. Batteries hold good even with the light at full power

I got mine on Aliexpress.
By thd way
The light had it's first long deep dive at 40 meters . No issues. Batteries hold good even with the light at full power
How long did it take to arrive? Which postage option did you select? It comes without batteries from Aliexpress I think?
Thanks.

To Romania from China took 3 weeks with normal postage. Without batteries. I bought some 4000 mah ones.

I've just ordered from Ali Express, time is a bit short before my next dive trip, so I upgraded to UPS delivery.

I just found this thread... I've had my Div10 for nearly 2years and its done around 70dives.

Most of the dives have been fresh cold British quarry water, Around 10 of them have been warm seawater on holiday.

I love this light! Its small, lightweight (around 1KG with batteries) and it often out performs much more expensive torches.
I've known chinese stuff to be incredibly rubbish and I've known it to be amazing value for money. This torch, Especially with the better cable, its fantastic value for money.

I get around 90mins @ 100% intensity but well over 3hours if i dim it down to its lowest setting.

i wouldn't hesitate to buy another for a spare.

This happends if you leave batteries in , even with the canister unscrewed partially, and a damp with seawater undergarment over in the diving bag. :(
20170712_000811.jpg
20170712_000728.jpg

Canister integrity seems unaffected and the light still works.

This happends if you leave batteries in , even with the canister unscrewed partially, and a damp with seawater undergarment over in the diving bag. :(

And that's because there were batteries in it? So, that wouldn't have happened if the batteries had been removed?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom