Bring in the New Year at Weeki Wachee Springs!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have a great time all! Wish I was there!
Happy New Year!

Scuba_Jenny:
Wish I was there!
Yeah, me too...

Change of plans due to a little gang thing in West Palm last night, and the 21 hour shift that resulted from it. Sooo.... I'm cleaning the garage, inspecting regs, putting away stuff, recovering my workbench, and doing all the stuff we used to laugh at the grownups for on holidays.

MB:
Yeah, me too...

Change of plans due to a little gang thing in West Palm last night, and the 21 hour shift that resulted from it. Sooo.... I'm cleaning the garage, inspecting regs, putting away stuff, recovering my workbench, and doing all the stuff we used to laugh at the grownups for on holidays.

Have a great New Year's Mike! Hope to see you up this way next year!

Well let me be the first to say it kicked much booty. Had a really nice time. The Mrs. and I enjoyed the dive very much. Had to bug out early so wee didn't get to meet many people but we had a great time anyway. Looking forward to the next one.

What a FUN time. We had a TON of ScubaBoardians, and we were joined by ScubaRadio and ScubaNews. It was great to see the media pull together for an event like this. Of course we had the great folk from Castaway Scuba, C&N Scuba and Simply Scuba. Special Kudos to Marta of Castaway for providing such a huge spread, to Gary from Simply Scuba for his generous supply of air, and to Tiffany from C&N Divers for orginising the waivers and arm bands!

You can re-live some of our fun when ScubaRadio plays the night this coming Saturday. It was fun to crash their broadcast by showing up in the water while they were talking about "wild life in the Springs"... though they missed the humor in that! :D

I got 2 hours and 21 minutes of bottom time (I got there a bit early) and got to try out Oceanic's new HUD mask. That was interesting, and I hope to snag that mask again for some more time with it. Major Kudos to Greg from Scuba West in Hudson Florida (By the Hudson Grotto), for his tireless manning of the Oceanic table. A few of us got to try them out and I got my hands on the Atom for the first time.

Question: Has anyone found a couple of cert. cards? :blinking: I guess with everything going on, we have managed to misplace ours. -So before we spend too much time searching, I thought I would check and see if anyone had found any. I remembered getting our cards back the last time, but I'm fuzzy on where we put them afterward. Thanks...

That said...we had a great time last night! There were lots of folks there, and the mermaids (and mermaids in training, lol) were so beautiful and graceful. It was weird being someplace my Grandparents had made home movies when I was a baby. The place looks pretty much the same....it's very cool.

I enjoyed meeting some new people. I didn't get to talk to many SB folks, most of the people I talked with were just locals who found out about the dive from their LDS. Maybe next time, I'll get to meet more of you guys... you seem like a lot of fun.

Thanks again, everyone, for putting this together. Thanks, too, for my awesome door prize!! I soooooo needed those dive scissors. I CANNOT be trusted with a knive, so I have actually been shopping around for some scissors or shears for diving. I really perked up when they held up the scissors...never dreamed they'd call my number! Thanks for the de-fog, too....shoulda used some for the second dive, lol.

It was a great time....very memorable way to start the new year!! Hope to join you all again soon...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom