Brief Hello from a newb....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sihing_steve

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings all.....

I made an introduction post in the "Intro and Greets" section and thought I would do the same in my local scuba board section.

My name is Steve and I just recently passed the pool qualification. I live in Cotati CA, and I am due to do my open water dive the 26th and 27th of September in Monterey.

My adventure into SCUBA began when my employers and I developed the Buddy-Link device. It is an underwater buddy signalling device that works on ultrasonic communication and is small enough to attach to your mask.

affinitydevices.com

I'm usually buzzing around town on my Suzuki sv650 so feel free to stop me and say hi if you recognize me.

Hopefully I'll be able to meet some of you and go on some dives with some new friends.

Welcome to scubaboard and to Norcal diving.

I checked out the signalling device.
It is waaaay cool (but too expensive for my budget).
Any discounts for SBers? :wink:

Hi Steve, congrats on starting SCUBA. Hope to see you on the beach!
-Kristina

Welcome to SB and to diving. We try to hold a few Meet and Greets every year - probably about time to start planning one again. Feel free to join in when we do!

Welcome sihing_steve! Hope to see you at the next Meet & Greet.

Welcome to the board :)

We use a different type of signaling device on the North Coast called a really bright flashlight. Nothing like a 21+ watt HID or LED to signal your buddy. It also lets you know direction, and is used to signal OK, or if there is a problem.

There are other systems for locating a fixed object, like a boat.
http://www.desertstar.com/Products_category.aspx?intProductCategoryID=7

Good luck with your endeavor.

Thanks for the welcome guys, especially those who did it 2x!

As for discounts, I wish we could.....slim margins you know..

I'll be looking to join the next "Meet and Greet" so hopefully it won't be too long before I can meet some of you guys.

It's a good idea but. The problem is there are no independent reviews of this and there is no money-back guarantee, and it's not available locally to see how it works. So who wants to risk $350 to try this out?

Adam

It's a good idea but. The problem is there are no independent reviews of this and there is no money-back guarantee, and it's not available locally to see how it works. So who wants to risk $350 to try this out?

Adam

Adam,

We have always had a money back policy, but have made it more evident since you noted it.

Buddy-Link: Connecting Divers... In the Blink Of An Eye

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom