Brief Extended Horizons trip report (no pics)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cozcharlie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Since I had asked about Lahaina area ops last week, I just wanted to follow up and say I dove with Extended Horizons. They were a solid op, left on time, well organized. Divemasters were Zoe and Victoria, Captain was Loren (sp?). They clearly made an extra effort to get to know each diver on the boat, skill level, where they were from... Made me feel right at home even though I only dove with them for one day.

The dive briefings were clear and thorough. Dive sites were Wash Rock and 2nd Cathedral off Lanai. Dives were good, but not spectacular, mostly the usually things for a Hawaii dive (after 850+ dives around the world, I don't get excited that easily). Victoria noticed a spotted eagle ray which was a plus.

The highlight of the trip was actually the ride back to Maui. We ran into a pod of whales that were breaching. There were multiple adults and a very young whale. We hung out for 30-45 minutes watching the whales. A guy I was with went through two memory cards in his camera at 200 pics/card (sorry, I don't have them).

Once again, not the best of trip reports, but just wanted to post it since I had inquired a couple of weeks ago and wanted to leave a thread in case anyone else was doing research on Lahaina dive ops and/or Extended Horizons Extended Horizons is a well-run operation that I will use again if I am ever in the area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom