Brickyard Quarry.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

terfmop

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I live in Terre Haute, and found a website for Omni Scuba that has a quarry not too far from me called the Brickyard Quarry. Has anyone been there recently? Can you tell me about the conditions or site amenities? I sent an email to Omni Scuba, but never received a reply.

I was up at the France Park treasure hunt yesterday; won some dive gloves. Was anyone else there? What did ya win?

I drove by and took a look at the quarry once, but did not dive it. It doesn’t sound like it’s really worth messing with. It’s just used by a small dive shop (Omni Scuba) for training. No one is stationed at the quarry, and you will always have a hard time getting a hold of someone to let you in.

Yep, I really like Haigh. I did my OW & AOW checkouts there, it is worth the drive from Terre Haute( I was up there yesterday too, was anyone else from scubaboard up there?). But if the Brickyard quarry was a decent place, then it would cut my drive time by about 2 hours.

Yep, I really like Haigh. I did my OW & AOW checkouts there, it is worth the drive from Terre Haute( I was up there yesterday too, was anyone else from scubaboard up there?). But if the Brickyard quarry was a decent place, then it would cut my drive time by about 2 hours.

From what I have heard about Brickyard it isn't worth it. I don't remember what was said that was there but there were no amenities. Like mentioned before you have the crap shoot of getting the gate unlocked.

Wish I would have known that you were going to France Park I would have gone along. Gotta get the dry suit and doubles out soon.

I'm thinking about taking a drysuit course. I might wait until I am uncomfortable in my 7 mil

Have you looked into dry suit classes? So far the ones I have checked said I needed to buy a drysuit first. I would like to try a couple of drysuits before I decide which one to buy. Anyone know of a place where I can rent a drysuit?

Thanks for the info. And terfmop thank you for the pm. It is hard to decide on new equipment when you can't see what you are buying.

I don't know too many that have actually taken the class. If you have someone with experience to teach you a couple tricks that works as well. That or buy the book from PADI and read it. I have already helped out 3 divers get started.

Adam, if you are planning on taking the class from Jim better let him know well in advance. I wanted to do the AOW dry part and he didn't have a suit with seals that were any good. I was ready but the suit wasn't.

As for rental LDS. Unless you are "certified" for a dry suit most LDS won't rent to you. If you are taking the class with them then that should be another subject.
I know that Fun Time in Brazil HAD dry suits for rent but like I mentioned above..the seals weren't any good. Not sure if either of the Diver Supply Indy locations rent or not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom