Breezes Curacao Aug 29-Sep3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MY01SHADOW

Reaction score
Hello:

Wife and I will be traveling to Curacao later this month and staying at Breezes Resorts. Can anyone tell me what the "house" reef is like and what other good diving is close by. Also, anyone here ever use the dive bus?

Would also love to hear any reports on this resort. We want to dive everyday, but not all day. So it's not a 4-5 dive/day type vacation, just a relaxing week away from home with about 8-10 dives and perhaps a night dive thrown in.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Hello
I live in Curacao so I cant tell you about the resort. But the house reef is pretty nice. You have a car pile there under water, which is a popular dive site. And on walking distance you have a pretty big, American dive school which organises all kinds of dives (boat, night, with bus going to other places, ... ) The name of the dive school is Ocean Encounters. I'm sure you'll find their website on the internet.
But for diving you chose the 'wrong' side of the island. On the west side are the most beautiful divespots. But maybe you can get there with a dive bus.
Have fun!

Katrien,

maybe you can clear something up for me. its actually regarding bonaire but it should be the same for curacao. someone told me that in the summer the trade winds die down and it gets stiflingly hot there. is this true?

thanks,

brad

Hi Brad
The whole year the temperature doesnt go beneath 24 degrees (75 °F) even at night. But its right, normally the wind gives you some cooling down. July and August are ok. But in september even the wind is hot ... But when there's a beach you will survive, and in resorts is always an airco in the bedrooms.
Oh yeah, dont go sunbathing between 12am and 3pm. You'll look like a well cooked lobster!

Ok, that was me who wrote under the name 'Sjokkel'. I didnt notice my boyfriend was still logged in.

If there are any more questions just shoot.

Katrien

sounds like jan or feb will be ideal months, right?

Also, anyone here ever use the dive bus?

I was invited to make a night dive with the dive-bus this past January while on Curacao. Mark and Suzy, the owners, are great folks...had I a few more days, I would have hooked up with them for some more diving. They consistently receive high marks from those who have used their services.

http://www.the-dive-bus.com/index.php

I would suggest renting a small car and visitting some other places. On the east side of the island, where breezers is situated, i would suggest driving to the Caracas bay area and dive on Directors bays. The local dive shop there is Dukes diving. I just reopened a couple of months ago. You can expect a lot lower prices (normal) there then with Ocean Encounters. They will be happy to show you how to get to Directors bay. The reef in front of Dukes is ver nice also.
Also close to that dive spot is one of my personal favorites there. It's called Divers Leap. For that i would suggest you get your gear at Scuba Doo at Jan Thiel Beach and ask for instructions how to get to Divers leap.

Ocean Encounters has a diveshop at West also so maybe you can arrange a boatdive to Watamula & Mushroom forest.

Enjoy the stay at the island. Water temp. is around 28 degrees celsius at the moment so you wont be cold :wink:

Christophe

Hey Christophe:

Thanks for the suggestions. We have limited shore diving included in our package at Breezes, but I would like to get a few dives in on the "better" parts of the reef/wrecks. I'll look at Dukes and see where they are in relation to our resort.

I've already looked at Ocean Encounters and may use them at least once out of pure convenience since they are supposed to be located adjacent to Breezes.

Thanks again,

Mike

MY01SHADOW:
Hey Christophe:

Thanks for the suggestions. We have limited shore diving included in our package at Breezes, but I would like to get a few dives in on the "better" parts of the reef/wrecks. I'll look at Dukes and see where they are in relation to our resort.

I've already looked at Ocean Encounters and may use them at least once out of pure convenience since they are supposed to be located adjacent to Breezes.

Thanks again,

Mike

It couldn't be any closer. The dive shop is on Breezes property as is the dock. Ocean Encounters also has another location by the Aquarium.

The Ocean Encounters people run the dive shop at Breezes.
They were very helpful and friendly regardless whether you were doing the free dive included with your stay at Breezes or paid dive on their boat.

My wife, daughter and I were at Breezes Curacao for 2 weeks during the last week of June and the first week of July of this year.

We also dove with the Dive Bus on 3 occasions and were very happy with their service. Two days were with a dive master named Andy and the other day was with Mark (owns the Dive Bus with his wife Suzy).

We dove Porto Marie, Caracas Bay (Tugboat) and Directors Bay with the Dive Bus.

I dove the Superior Producer and Saba from the Ocean Encounters dive boat.

Let me know if you have any questions about the diving or the Breezes accommodations. I would be more than happy to share my family's honest opinions about Breezes or the diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom