breathing device on bp/w?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nothing wrong with what you've suggested. It's your gear, dive it the way you want! I put an Atomic SS1 on my wing, and it works fine.

Flamers are invited to put in their application here --> :kissbutt: <--

___

Thank you all,
It seems ive got alot to learn,

ill take all the advice into account!

and start saving up the pennies!

-Bob

You won't be the first. I just had an Air2 put on my Dive Rite bp/w. I got a hoseless computer to reduce yet another hose. I did add a hose to have a redundant SPG. If I could have afforded another computer I would have done away with the SPG. I'm a newbie that doesn't know any better but I don't like all that danglely stuff and still want to have backups. As long as it's safe, do it "your way"!

I had a hybrid octo and inflator that I bought in an effort to reduce the number of hoses.

The operative word is "had".

It seems like a really good idea, but it isn't. Try breathing with it while letting air out of your bc or otherwise trying to adjust your buoyancy. It isn't as easy. Also, your hybrid octo now has two hoses attached to it which are pulling in somewhat different directions, thus pulling on your head if you are using this equipment to breathe.

Honestly, I wish it worked better. It just doesn't.

It sounds like you have a few serious equipment misconceptions regarding your bc inflator. But that's ok. You did the right thing by posting. Please do yourself a favor and continue asking these questions, both to the board and even more importantly to your instructor.

Good luck!!

I'm currently using an Atomic Aquatics SS1 on my Oxycheq wingt/DSS b.p. It's similar to an Air Two but much better in MHO and many others. Do a search on them on this board and you'll see other's comments. An Octopus could be a bit cheaper choice but if you like a "safe second" on your b.c. the SS1 is great. It breathes as well as their other 2nd stage regs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom